Fans of America Play Cornwall HS Staff
The FANS of America Program came to Cornwall last week for a one-on-one game against Cornwall High School Staff. Fans of America plays for the purpose of fundraising for their foundation, which raises money for veterans housing and other veteran needs.
Tom Soukoup, founder, of the group, was on hand and also Veterans from the Play for your Freedom group. Both help Veterans that return home from active duty to adjust to the life after the military. Coaching for the Giants was long time supporter of the Veterans, Odessa Turner. Also playing for the Giants were Otis Anderson, Stephen Baker, Lee Rouson . The Giants jumped out to a 15-8 lead early at the end of the first quarter.
Focus is Threefold
- Conducting coordinated outreach to proactively seek out veterans in need of assistance.
- Connecting homeless and at-risk veterans with housing solutions, health care, community employment services and other required support.
- Collaborating with federal, state and local agencies, employers, housing providers, faith-based and other community non-profit organizations; to expand job training, employment and affordable housing options for veterans transitioning from homelessness.
- Individual housing quarters for veterans and family members
- Dining facilities that serve hot, fresh and nutritious meals
- Full staff of Doctors and Nurses that are experts in health informatics, disease management, telehealth technologies and case management.
- Counseling for those in crisis
- Group conference rooms to serve as meeting places for organizations working with FOAF and/or informational seminars
- VA approved benefits and healthcare
- Informational videos and literature for residents and family members