September 20, 21, 22
Greekfest 2019 St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, 19 Fullerton Ave. Newburgh. Fri: 11:30 a.m. – 10 p.m. , Sat 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. Sun. Noon – 6 p.m.
Bethlehem Presbyterian Church. 8 s.m. – 1. p.m. Clothing Bag Sale 1520 Rt. 94 New Windsor.
Hamptonburgh Country Festival 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Hamptonburgh Town Park 18 Bull Road, Campbell Hall
The Friends of Hill-Hold and Brick House Museums are hosting a “Wine Making and Tasting” fundraiser at Hill Hold Museum on Saturday, September 21 from 2-4p.m. Call 845-615-3828 or register online at http://www.hillholdand-brickhouse.org by September 16.
- Meadow Hill School Community Yard Sale. Vendor Information: Sue at 845-591-1873
3-4:30 p.m. Free September Concert Jazz Meets Flamenco
Newburgh Free Library Auditorium – Sun., Sep. 22, No registration is required for “Jazz Meets Flamenco.” Seating is limited to 125 people. Light refreshments provided, courtesy of the Friends of the Newburgh Free Library.
14th Annual Bill Volpe Golf Classic, Powelton Club in Balmville. All proceeds benefit people with developmental disabilities.
Representatives from local health and human services agencies will gather to answer questions and provide information when SUNY Orange hosts its upcoming Newburgh Campus Wellness Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 26 in the Great Room of Kaplan Hall on the College’s Newburgh campus.
Washington’s Headquarters State Historic Site, in Newburgh, on Saturday, September 28, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Annual “Kites Over The Hudson”. Free kites will be given to the first 150 children, ages 15 and under. Refreshments will also be provided. Admission is free for the day.
- 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Blooming Grove – Mountain Lodge Park Fire Co. Ladies Auxiliary will be holding their annual Flea Market at Lasser Park on September 28.
- Newburgh Urban Farm and Food and Downing Park Urban Farm, 207 Carpenter Ave., New-burgh, New York 12550. Learn to Make an Herbal Healing Salve and take one home.
- The world-famous Budweiser Clydesdales, in conjunction with Dana Distributors, Inc., will make an appearance at the 104th Orange County Volunteers Fireman Parade/150th Warwick Valley Fire Department celebration at Veterans Memorial Park on Saturday, September 28.
September 28 – 29
Newburgh Open Studios 2019. 12 – 6 p.m. Maps available at 10 a.m. at Newburgh Art Supply, 5 Grand St.
“TRICKY TRAY on October 5th at First Presbyterian Church of Washingtonville, 30 Goshen Ave. Doors open 1 p.m., Drawing begins 3 p.m.. Admission (includes sheet of tickets): More information available next week.”
- St. Therese Classical Academy is holding its second annual PIE FEST from 12-5 p.m. Games, food trucks, vendors, theater performances and of course, pie! Admission is free and kids of all ages are welcome. 789 Craigville Road in Chester. For more information or to become a vendor, visit STCAcademy.org or find us on facebook. Vendors may call (845) 610-5288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org,
Annual Pumpkin Festival at Hill Hold Museum
The Friends of Hill Hold and Brick House Museums are pleased to announce that they will be hosting their annual Pumpkin Festival at Hill Hold Museum on Saturday, October 5, 2019 from 12:00pm to 4:00pm.
Start your family friendly afternoon with a hay ride through the beautiful grounds of Hill Hold Historic Homestead to the “Pumpkin Patch” where Mrs. Scarecrow will help children pick out the best pumpkin to paint and take home. Play the bean bag toss and some old fashioned games. Kids can have their faces painted, make a craft and visit with the goats and bunnies.
OCTOBER 15, 2019 – RESORTS CASINO, ATLANTIC CITY, NJ. BUS TRIP
On Tuesday, October 15, 2019 VFW Post 1161 and CWV Post 386 will co-host a bus tripto the Resorts Casino Hotel in Atlantic City, NJ. Everyone is welcome to join in for a day of fun and excitement on the Board Walk. Departure is 8:00 AM from the Newburgh Wal-Mart parking lot. The bus will depart for home around 4:15 PM.
Newburgh Fall Festival on Saturday Oct. 19, with a rain date of Sunday Oct. 20, to benefit Trestle Inc. It will be held from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Newburgh Landing (UNICO Park) at Newburgh Waterfront. For contact information or vendor information call Regina Angelo at 845 565-5429.
- Electronic Recycling to take place from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Devices with Freon will be charged an additional fee paid for by the resident. Advance Recycling will staff, collect and transport all electronics collected from the site and will provide two trucks for removal to take place at the Town Highway Garage
The Friends of the Moffat Library will be holding a “Bag of Books Sale” in their used book store located within Moffat Library at 6 West Main Street, Washingtonville from 12:30 – 3:30 p.m. For more information, call 496-5483.
The Friends of the Moffat Library are holding their Annual Meeting on Wednesday 7 p.m. in Moffat Library, at 6 West Main Street Washingtonville. Admission is free but pre-registration is required at http://www.moffatlibrary.org. Refreshments will be served. For more information, call the library at 496-5483.
Bring the kids to the 4-H Horse Fun Day!
Here is the chance to make your child’s equine wishes come true! Join the Orange County Horse 4-H Program at Horse Fun Day being held on Saturday, November 2nd from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM located at Northwind Horse Farm located, 2496 Bruynswick Road, Wallkill. This event is geared toward youth ages 4 and up and makes a great field trip opportunity for any club, Cub Scouts, Daisy’s and Brownies! Your youth will spend an hour and half rotating through 6 stations. Topics will include but are not limited to: Standard bred, Horse Communications, Horse Craft, Tack Cleaning, Pony Ride, and Barn Management. Food and beverages will be available for purchase at the event site. To register, please visit our website cceorangecounty.org. Horse Fun Day is brought to you in part by the Agriculture and New York State Horse Breeding Development Fund.
For more information about the program, please contact Margaret M. Smith at email@example.com.
The Friends of the Moffat Library of Washingtonville will visit the Street of Shops in Lewisburg, PA. A West Point Motor coach will depart St. Mary’s Church (42 Goshen Avenue) at 7:30 a.m. For more information and to make reservations, please call Sue Anne at 845-783-6107.
Crystal Run Healthcare 2019 Series of ‘A Night With Cardiology’. Middletown. Vascu-lar Disease – Neel Khanna, MD, MPH, Interventional Cardiology; September 19, 6:30-7:30 p.m. – Management of Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) – Paul L. Eugenio, MD, Cardiac Electrophysiology; October 8, 6-7 p.m. – Pulmonary Hypertension – Geoffrey E. Hulse, MD, FCCP, Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine November 12, 6-7 p.m. – Cardiac Testing, Indications for and Interpretations – Syed Z. A. Jafri, MD, FACC, Cardiology.
- Fall Bible Study – 6 Tuesdays. Sponsored by the Pallottine Sisters, 98 Harriman Heights Road, Monroe, Sept. 24 to Oct. 29, 10-11:30 a.m. For information and registration, call 845-492- 5076 or 845 774 5020.